Difference between revisions of "SOLR:Group Discussions"

From BCcampus Mediawiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Learning Content Management Strategies (general))
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[SOLR:Content_Strategies_Final_program|Back to Final Program]]
 
[[SOLR:Content_Strategies_Final_program|Back to Final Program]]
  
=Questions for Final Discussion / How to Structure Final Discussion=
+
=Structure for Final Roundtable Discussions=
  
 +
For the last 60 minute sessions, the current plan is to split into 5 groups (roughly corresponding to the themes explored over the course of the day). During a 30 minute discussion, the hope is that you will
  
==LMS-Oriented Learning Content Management Strategies (general)==
+
* share what you are doing with each other
 +
* identify and then brainstorm any specific problems you are facing
 +
* report back on any specific next steps you can think of that arose from this meeting
 +
 
 +
We will reconvene for the final 30 minutes with each group getting 5 minutes to report back any high points in their conversations.
 +
 
 +
==Group 1 - LMS-Oriented Learning Content Management Strategies (general)==
 
* Implementing a LCMS, why? how?
 
* Implementing a LCMS, why? how?
 
* What is the specific learning content issue you wish to solve?
 
* What is the specific learning content issue you wish to solve?
 
* What is the next step you plan to take?
 
* What is the next step you plan to take?
  
==Alternatives to the LMS ==
+
==Group 2 - Alternatives to the LMS ==
 
* Why? How? Where to start? What's missing?
 
* Why? How? Where to start? What's missing?
 
* What is one specific problem you are trying to solve with this approach?
 
* What is one specific problem you are trying to solve with this approach?
Line 15: Line 22:
  
  
==Coping with Copyright==
+
==Group 3 - Coping with Copyright==
 
* How are you currently coping with the risks of copyright infringement?
 
* How are you currently coping with the risks of copyright infringement?
 
* What are the next steps you plan to take?
 
* What are the next steps you plan to take?
  
  
==Starting an Open Content Initiative==
+
==Group 4 - Starting an Open Content Initiative==
 
* How? Why? What Are the Options?
 
* How? Why? What Are the Options?
 
* Interest in OCW? Issues with OCW approach?
 
* Interest in OCW? Issues with OCW approach?
Line 26: Line 33:
  
  
==How can SOL*R Help You? How Can We Make SOL*R Work Better for You? Province-wide Possibilities?==
+
==Group 5 - How can SOL*R Help You? How Can We Make SOL*R Work Better for You? Province-wide Possibilities?==
 
*Criticisms and Issues
 
*Criticisms and Issues
 
*Suggestions for Improvement
 
*Suggestions for Improvement
 
*As a shared service? For discipline-based groups? Inter-institutional collaborations?
 
*As a shared service? For discipline-based groups? Inter-institutional collaborations?

Revision as of 17:19, 20 October 2008

Back to Final Program

Structure for Final Roundtable Discussions

For the last 60 minute sessions, the current plan is to split into 5 groups (roughly corresponding to the themes explored over the course of the day). During a 30 minute discussion, the hope is that you will

  • share what you are doing with each other
  • identify and then brainstorm any specific problems you are facing
  • report back on any specific next steps you can think of that arose from this meeting

We will reconvene for the final 30 minutes with each group getting 5 minutes to report back any high points in their conversations.

Group 1 - LMS-Oriented Learning Content Management Strategies (general)

  • Implementing a LCMS, why? how?
  • What is the specific learning content issue you wish to solve?
  • What is the next step you plan to take?

Group 2 - Alternatives to the LMS

  • Why? How? Where to start? What's missing?
  • What is one specific problem you are trying to solve with this approach?
  • What are the next steps you plan to take?


Group 3 - Coping with Copyright

  • How are you currently coping with the risks of copyright infringement?
  • What are the next steps you plan to take?


Group 4 - Starting an Open Content Initiative

  • How? Why? What Are the Options?
  • Interest in OCW? Issues with OCW approach?
  • What are the next steps you plan to take?


Group 5 - How can SOL*R Help You? How Can We Make SOL*R Work Better for You? Province-wide Possibilities?

  • Criticisms and Issues
  • Suggestions for Improvement
  • As a shared service? For discipline-based groups? Inter-institutional collaborations?