Resources for Open Textbooks
These are materials used for the workshops presented. The Main PowerPoint presentation was adapted from the Student PIRG’s presentation. The presentation about Creative Commons was linked into Sue Galloway’s ppt about Creative Commons and played the CC game, match the symbols to the license description. The flyer used was adapted from Erik Christensen’s flyer from South Florida Community College.
ADDITIONAL Textbook Sites:
• FLOSS Manuals FLOSS Manuals Free Manuals for software
• Freebookcentre.net free online technical books,which include core computer science, networking, programming languages, Systems Programming books, Linux books and more.
• Saylor licensed textbooks
• Bookkbone not open, advertising supported
• Textbook Media aiming to make selected textbooks available at an affordable price with lots of flexibility in both faculty and student preferences.
• Open Access Textbooks Project two-year initiative to create a sustainable model for the discovery, production, and dissemination of open textbooks.
• Bartleby Literature books in the public domain.