This wikispace is a collaborative working space for BC postsecondary librarians interested in open education resources (OER) and informally meeting to discover and share ways we can support use of quality OER by faculty and students.
Objectives of this group
The objective of the BCOEL group is to develop a set of resources to support librarians in their interactions with faculty related to OER. The resources developed are meant to provide a single authoritative and sustainable space for all BC libraries in the identification and use of OER resources.
The BCOEL group will focus on the education and professional development of librarians facilitating faculty members in using and/or developing OER.
- Develop a process of identifying and assessing open education repositories (OERR) for use in research and instruction.
- Develop a list of vetted resources by subject for referral.
- Develop faculty discussion points for librarians on the subtle differences between OER and OA and their uses in research and instruction.
- Provide local and advertise local events for professional development.
- Develop a guide to OER initiatives.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "BCOER"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
Media in category "BCOER"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- A Helpful Guide to App...
- Adopting Open Textbook...
- BCOEL Logo.png
- BCOER Title.png
- Bcoerr rubric.png
- Faculty Guide small.png
- OER Poster.png
- Open Textbooks.png
- OpenTextbooks Page.png
- Statue mason.jpg