From BCcampus Mediawiki
The links below are open resources mega sites that offer books as well as other OER teaching tools.
- Assayer- Largest catalogue of open sources textbooks. Also is a good place to find free books about math, science and computers.
- AU Press-Athabasca University Press - free pdf and low cost print version of mainly Canadian books.
- BCcampus OER-BCcampus open movement including textbooks.
- BCcampus Open Textbook Directory -Established open textbook and OER collections.
- BCcampus SOL*R-Shareable Online Learning Resources- Shareable, browseable and searchable open resources
- Chemwiki - Open chemistry textbooks, assignments, experiments and more.
- College Open Textbooks - Lists open textbooks by subjects, many of which are peer reviewed.
- Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources - Advocacy, training, and links to college level open textbooks and other courseware.
- Connexions - Content Commons of free, open-licensed educational materials in fields such as music, electrical engineering and psychology.
- Global Text Project- "We publish open content electronic textbooks that are freely available from this website. We focus on content development and Web distribution, and we will work with relevant authorities to facilitate dissemination by other means when bandwidth is unavailable or inadequate. The goal is to make textbooks available to the many who cannot afford them."
- HathiTrust Digital Library - HathiTrust is a partnership of major research institutions and libraries and their "aim to build a comprehensive archive of published literature from around the world . It provides long-term preservation and access services for public domain and in copyright content from a variety of sources, including Google, the Internet Archive, Microsoft, and in-house partner institution initiatives."
- Knowledge Unlatched - "The Knowledge Unlatched model depends on many libraries from around the world sharing the payment of a single Title Fee to a publisher, in return for a book being made available on a Creative Commons licence via OAPEN and HathiTrust as a fully downloadable PDF."
- Merlot - Free and open resource designed primarily for higher education.
- National Science Digital Library- Access to teaching and learning materials in the STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Search by level, resource type, and subject.
- OAOpen - contains freely accessible academic books mainly in the area of humanities and social sciences.
- OASIS - Openly Available Sources Integrated Search (OASIS) is a search tool that aims to make the discovery of open content easier. OASIS currently searches open content from 62 different sources and contains 160,785 records.
- OER Commons - Worldwide learning network of shared teaching and learning materials.
- Open Courseware Consortium - Collaboration of higher education institutions to share and expand their open course offerings.
- OpenStax College- an initiative of Rice College, OpenStax offers free textbooks that are developed and peer-reviewed by educators to ensure they are readable and accurate.
- Open SUNY Textbooks -"Open SUNY Textbooks is an open access textbook publishing initiative established by State University of New York libraries and supported by SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grants".
- Open Textbook Library- One of the larger repositories of open textbooks. Includes selections from BCcampus, Calpoly and many more.
- Orange Grove Text - Florida's operational repository project of open source educational materials.
- Saylor Free Education - Free to read versions of the texts at Flat World Knowledge
- Textbook Revolution - "Textbook Revolution is a student-run site dedicated to increasing the use of free educational materials by teachers and professors. We want to get these materials into classrooms. On this site you'll find links and reviews of textbooks and select educational resources."
- Wikibooks - Wikimedia's community for creating and sharing educational textbooks.